The American Association of Teachers of Italian was founded in 1923 to promote the study of Italian language, literature, and culture in schools, colleges and universities in North America.
Some information and benefits:
- It has approximately 1500 members worldwide.
- The Association publishes the quarterly journal, Italica, mailed to you.
- A twice-yearly online newsletter.
- It sponsors seminars and workshops in the broad area of Italian studies
- Holds annual meetings, usually in conjunction with ACTFL but also in Italy.
- Eligible to give papers at our annual meeting.
Please allow 24 hours for your membership payment to be processed.
If your institution or school uses purchase orders, please download and mail in the form from here.
Professor of French and Italian
Director, The Clorinda Donato Center for
Global Romance Languages and Translation Studies
Lead Italian Teacher Millburn High School
Advisor of the Italian Club and La Parola Italian Literary Magazine
AATI Vice-President K-12
Teacher of Italian
Nutley High School
Stay updated about our events, articles, and more.